Thursday, February 26, 2009

OVARIES FOR SALE!!!

So I recieve this call from the woman who birthed me aka my Mother. As I pick up the phone I hear on the other end "DON'T SELL YOUR SPERM FOR MONEY!" Like any normal son I was shocked at this statement and proceeded to laugh in the receiver and ask why would she choose to give me this motherly advice at 9pm on a Thursday night. Now you have to understand my mother is not a typical woman, she sometimes has no filter in what she says to anyone and speaks her mind quite freely. She told me she was watching some documentry and that sperm donors in Canada will not remain anonymis for any donation they make. So I hung up the phone and this got me thinking...I am a starving student (literally I have no food in my fridge) and I am a young dude who has tons of sperm to spare. So I googled how much one could get for a simple sperm donation. Upon my discovery I found that women can also donate thier eggs. now the going rate for a sperm donation is 60-100$ meanwhile a woman can get up to $8,000 FOR ONE EGG!!! This information frazzled my brain! I understand women have limited eggs and do have to undergo a small surgery but this price gap is uncalled for!!!!!

- Mack

No comments: